Forme autorisée du nom
Darlingford Zion United Church
forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
Zion United Church operated from 1925 until 1967. Located southwest of Darlingford in the Rural Municipality of Pembina, the Zion United Church was formed when the Zion Methodists joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. The church had been built in 1899 to replace Ebenezer Church, one mile east. Reverend Kenner was Zion United's first minister and at its inception, the charge consisted of Calvin, Thornhill, Mountain City, Barclay, Pearce, Opawaka, and Windygates. Zion United amalgamated with Calvin United in 1966 and closed its doors in 1967. The congregation divided itself between Pearce and the newly formed Zion Calvin United in Darlingford. In 1971, the church was dismantled and sold.