Darlingford Zion United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Darlingford Zion United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Zion United Church operated from 1925 until 1967. Located southwest of Darlingford in the Rural Municipality of Pembina, the Zion United Church was formed when the Zion Methodists joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. The church had been built in 1899 to replace Ebenezer Church, one mile east. Reverend Kenner was Zion United's first minister and at its inception, the charge consisted of Calvin, Thornhill, Mountain City, Barclay, Pearce, Opawaka, and Windygates. Zion United amalgamated with Calvin United in 1966 and closed its doors in 1967. The congregation divided itself between Pearce and the newly formed Zion Calvin United in Darlingford. In 1971, the church was dismantled and sold.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places