Fonds W.027 - Winnipeg, St Margaret fonds

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Winnipeg, St Margaret fonds

Dénomination générale des documents

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

CA DRL W.027

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1908-2004 (Production)

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

128 cm textual material
39 still image
Microfilm

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

Histoire administrative

St Margaret's Parish was originally founded as a mission in 1907 by St James' Parish. Services were held in homes in the Wolseley neighbourhood by Reverend A.W. Woods. In 1910, St Margaret's Mission was incorporated as a parish and Reverend A.W. Woods carried on as rector. A hall was rented on Portage Avenue until a small wooden church was built on the corner of Arlington and Westminster in 1912. Later that year, work began on a new church at Ethelbert Street and Westminster Avenue, the present church site. In 1933, the main entrance was completed and a tower was added to the southeast corner in 1936. A chancel was added in 1950. More improvements and renovations occurred over the years. Offices, a chapel, organ room and teller's office were added in 1959. The church was made wheelchair accessible with the addition of an elevator and renovated washrooms in the late 90s. In 1997, the chapel was converted to a nursery.

Historique de la conservation

Parish to Diocese in 1984, November 1988, 2009 and 2010.

Portée et contenu

The records of St Margaret's Parish held at the Diocese Archives include: Canonical Documents (1910-1960); Titles (1912-2004); Building Plans/Blueprints (2003); Sacramental Registers (1908-1987); Vestry Minutes (1952-1969, 1980-2007); Annual Reports and Minutes of the Annual General Meeting (1962, 1963, 1965, 1967-2006); Parish Highlights (1908-1966); Anniversary Services (1960-1967); Parish Profile (c. 1950s); "St Margaret's Matters" (1967-1984); "St Margaret's Weft" (1995-1999); Vestry Voice (1987-2002); Parish Directory (1964); Parish Directories (1964, 1985-2003); People File; War Charities Act-Memorial Chancel (1939, 1946); Correspondence: Building (1957); Organ (1951-1958); Warden's File-Correspondence (1959-1967); Correspondence to James Slater and/or Vestry (1983-1993); Building Report (1987); Cunningham Appraisal Service (1987); Church Surveys (1962-1963); (Diocesan) Parish Statistics (1981, 1984, 1986, 1988); Church Service Survey (1986, 1991); Parish Profile (1991); Strategic Plan Draft (1994); Goals, Mission Statements, Leadership (1989, 1990, 1991, 1996); Church Space Study (2001), Photographs. Research File.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Canonical Documents, Titles, Building Plans/Blueprints, Research files and Sacramental Registers are all located in the Upper Vault. All other files are kept in the Lower Vault in Boxes #64-#68 and #94-#95.

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Sacramental Registers are also on microfilm rolls #W17 and #W18. Use of microfilm is restricted to archive staff.

Restrictions d'accès

Use of parish registers is limited to archive staff.

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Winnipeg Parishes Finding Aid

Éléments associés

Related material: Photographs are located in the Still Images - City Parishes Collection, filed by title. One image is held in Oversize Storage Box #1.

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Further accruals expected.

Note générale

Clergy List:
Rev. A.W. Woods 1907-1920
(served as army chaplain 1914-1918)
Rev. F.W. Goodeve 1914-1918
Rev. G.A. Wells 1921
Rev. F. Glover 1922-1966
Rev. J.D. Slater 1967-1991
Rev. D. Widdicombe 1992-

Language of material note

English

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

  • anglais

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés