Title and statement of responsibility area
Winnipeg, St. John's College (St. John the Evangelist) fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA DRL Acc: 1996 â" 08 â" 13.
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1913 - 1975 (Creation)
Physical description area
16 cm textual material
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
There had always been space provided at St. John's College for worship, but there had never been a permanent chapel installed there before 1959. Plans to build a chapel were first considered in 1955 as part of the move to the Fort Garry campus, but there were insufficient funds to proceed at that time. Construction began after a simpler architectural plan was approved a few years later. St. John's College moved onto the Fort Garry campus for the 1958 â" 1959 academic year. During that first year, services were held in the large lecture room nearest to what is now the chapel. St. John's College Chapel, known as St. John the Evangelist, was dedicated on December 27, 1959.
The records of St. John's College Chapel came to the Diocesan archives as part of several transfers of records in 1993 and 1996.
Scope and content
The records of St. John's College Chapel held at the Diocese of Rupert's Land archives include Sacramental registers (1916 â" 1958) and record of services (1913 â" 1975).
Immediate source of acquisition
Box has been temporarily labeled until all the Parish records have been processed.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Use of Parish registers is limited to archives staff.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: M.52 St. John's College
Associated material: Sacramental registers dating from 1959 to the present are housed at St. John's College.
Further accruals are expected.
Language of material note
The material is in English.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- St. John's College Chapel (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description