Title and statement of responsibility area
Winnipeg, St Bede (St Stephen & St Bede) fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA DRL W.014
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
18 cm textual material
3 still images and 1 negative
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St Bede's Parish was formed on 15 Mar 1956 by Bishop Walter Barfoot. Services had been held prior to the formation. A rectory was built in 1955 and a parish hall in 1960. St Bede's church was built in 1964 and dedicated on 27 Apr 1965. In 1971, St Bede entered in an agreement with St Stephen's Lutheran Church to form the Mount Royal Christian Centre. The two churches share the space (located at St Bede's) and maintain separate services. Joint worship is an often occurrence, however, making St Bede and St Stephen the first churches of their respective denominations in North America to do so. Since 1996, the two congregations have joined for the main Sunday worship and moved into full union in 2002. The Church of St Stephen and St Bede is now a fully amalgamated Anglican and Lutheran congregation.
Parish to the Diocese archives in 1988 and 2008.
Scope and content
The records of St Bede's include Canonical Documents (1955-1956); Titles (1955-2000); Sacramental Registers (1956-1991); and Records of Service (1955-1983). Research File.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Canonical Documents, Titles and Sacramental Registers are located in the Upper Vault. Records of Service are kept in the Lower Vault.
Availability of other formats
The Sacramental Registers are kept on microfilm Roll #W10 as well. Use of microfilm is restricted to archive staff.
Restrictions on access
Use of parish registers is limited to archives staff.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Winnipeg Parishes Finding Aid
Related material: Photographs are located in the Still Images -City Parishes Collection under title. Blueprints and plans are stored in the Map Cabinet, Drawer 6.
Further accruals expected.
Rev. J.G. Gardiner 1955-1965
Rev. M.G. Peers 1966-1971
Rev. R.S.H. Greene 1972-1977
Rev. C.D. Griggs 1978-1985
Rev. R.E. Baxter (Priest-in-Charge) 1986
Rev. A.R. Simms 1987-1997
Rev. J. Howison 1998-2005
Rev. C.A. Adams 2006
Rev. R. Condo 2007-
Language of material note
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description