Winnipeg General Hospital

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Winnipeg General Hospital

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1872 - 1973

History

The Winnipeg General Hospital was founded in 1872 by leaders from within the Winnipeg community, including Andrew Bannatyne, Andrew McDermot, the Ladies of the Province, and the community. It was incorporated on 14 May 1875 and moved to its permanent location on land west of Sherbrook Street and south of William Avenue in October of that same year. In 1973 the Winnipeg General Hospital merged with two other facilities to create the Health Sciences Centre.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Department of Nursing ([1960-1992])

Identifier of the related entity

Department of Nursing

Category of the relationship

hierarchical

Dates of the relationship

[1921-1973]

Description of relationship

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Health Sciences Centre Archvies/Museum

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created 20 September 2012

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC