Title and statement of responsibility area
Whytewold, All Saints fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA DRL OW.101
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
35 cm textual material
3 still images
3 still images
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The parish of All Saints, Whytewold was formed on 17 November 1922 by the Right Reverend SP Matheson. The parish serves the Village of Dunnottar, which is a collection of three Lake Winnipeg resort communities: Matlock, Whytewold and Ponemah. Services, however, began two years earlier in 1920 and were held in the local schoolhouse. A W.A. chapter was formed in 1921 and began fundraising for a church. Part of these fundraising efforts included a Summer Tea, held in July, 1921. The Summer Tea has since become an annual event in the parish. On 26 November 1922, All Saints Church, also known as, "The Little Church at the Crossing," was opened for service. The structure was designed by Victor W Harwood. Rev B McKenzie was the first rector at All Saints. In 1940, the vestry voted to move the Chapel of the Mustard Seed to the cemetery at Robinson's Spur. From this point on, the congregation at All Saints assumed responsibilities for the Chapel's maintenance and conservation. In 1946, Mr J Berg donated four acres of land next to the church for a parish hall. Construction began in 1952. The interior was completed in 1961. In 1972, the hall collapsed. It was rebuilt sometime in the mid 1980s. In 2001, a stained glass window, designed by local artist, Terry McGowan, was installed in the church. In its early days, All Saints Whytewold was associated with Netley (OW.063) and Robinson's Spur (OW.079). Whytewold was also served by Wakefield (OW.100) at one point and belonged to the Selkirk Area Parishes before 1982, when the Western Beaches group was formed. Whytewold was joined by St Bartholomew, Winnipeg Beach (OW.104) and St Augustine of Hippo, Gimli (OW.031), until Gimli closed in 1986. At the time of description, services are held year round at Whytewold and the congregation is augmented by cottagers in the summer months.
Parish to Diocesan Archives in 1984.
Scope and content
The records of All Saints, Whytewold held at the Diocesan Archives include: Canonical Documents (1922); Titles (1946-1972); Plans; Sacramental Registers (1905-1943); Record of Service Books (1920-1991); Vestry Minutes (1980-1993); Minutes of Annual Meetings (1942-1997 n.i.); Woman's Auxiliary Minute Books (1922-1957); W.A. Accounts (1946-1960); W.A. Annual Report (1959); A.C.W. Minutes (1981-1993); Altar Guild Minutes (1983-2000); Altar Guild Financial Ledger (1983-1993); Parish Memorial Hall Building Committee Minutes (1951-1959); Parish Memorial Hall Building Committee Ledger (1951-1959); Financial Statements (1941-1995); Parish Profile (1993); Altar Guild (1981-1982); Parish Newspapers (1987-2000); Correspondence (1951-1999 n.i.); Inventory of Furnishings (1987, 1993); Minutes of the Mustard Seed Chapel Committee (1979-1987); "On the Christian Lifestyle" essay; still images. Research file.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Canonical Documents, Titles, Plans, Research files, and Sacramental Registers are held in the Upper Vault. All other bound volumes and files are located in the Lower Vault. Still Images are filed by title and held in the Still Images - Rural Parishes collection.
Availability of other formats
Parish Registers are also available on microfilm reel #12.
Restrictions on access
Use of Parish Registers is restricted to Archives staff.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Rural Parishes Finding Aid
Related material: See also Robinson's Spur, Chapel of the Mustard Seed (OW.079)
Further accruals are expected.
Language of material note
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description