Wawanesa United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Wawanesa United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Wawanesa United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Wawanesa, located on the Souris River northwest of Glenboro, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union formed in 1917 between St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church and Wawanesa Methodist Church in Wawanesa. The Presbyterian Church, built in 1892, continued to be used as the United Church. The Methodist Church had been moved and then annexed to the Presbyterian Church to be used for church meetings and the Sunday School at the time of Local Union. In 1925, Wawanesa and Chelsea formed a pastoral field with Rev. J.W. Scott presiding. A full basement was added to the church in 1927. A new church was built to replace the original in 1998. At the time of description, Wawanesa United Church, along with Brandon Hills, is part of the Wawanesa Pastoral Charge in Assiniboine Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places