Warren United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Warren United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Warren United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Warren, located in the Rural Municipality of Woodlands, since 1925. Its predecessor was Warren Methodist Church. The Methodist church, built in 1913 after the Meadow Lea congregation started moving eastward, continued to be used after Union. Brant - Argyle joined the Warren - Meadow Lea charge at the time of Union in 1925. Rev. D.B. Sparling was the first United Church minister in Warren. A manse, the former home of William McCrimmon, was bought in 1926. In 1930, they joined with Grosse Isle and Rosser to form the Warren - Rosser Pastoral charge. A Memorial Hall was built in 1939. Brant - Argyle transferred to the Stonewall Pastoral charge in 1947. Some of the church's records were destroyed in 1964 when the manse burned. Additions to the church were built in 1977 and 1981. The Warren - Rosser charge began being served by two part - time ministers in 1997, who split up the charge. Under this arrangement, Meadow Lea United worships with Warren United. At the time of description, Warren United Church is part of the Warren-Rosser Pastoral Charge with Grosse Isle, Meadow Lea and Rosser as part of Selkirk Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places