Fonds - Tilston Pastoral Charge fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Tilston Pastoral Charge fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1915-1977 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

7 registers.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Tilston Presbyterian Pastoral Charge began in 1913 as a joint charge between Stonehill and Tilston: the community of Tilston had been served from Stonehill previous to 1913. In its first two years (1913-1914) the two points were a student charge, and a part of the Brandon Presbytery. Broomhill, and Fertile, SK, joined the charge and Broomhill remained until 1949: Fertile stayed a part of the Pastoral Charge, except for the year 1950, until it amalgamated with Melita Pastoral Charge in 1968. When Storthoaks and Fern were added to the charge in 1958, the charge was renamed Tilston-Storthoaks. Stonehill was a part of the charge from its inception in 1913 until 1915, joined again in 1934, and left in 1949. Crescent was included from 1916-1922. The Tilston Pastoral Charge moved to the Rock Lake Presbytery in 1934, became part of the Brandon-Rock Lake Presbytery in 1962, and returned to the Brandon Presbytery in 1963. Tilston Pastoral Charge became part of the Melita Pastoral Charge in 1968, which has since been renamed the Deloraine-Melita-Tilston Pastoral Charge.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The records of the Tilston Pastoral Charge, as held at the conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, include: Baptismal records (1915-1963); Marriage Registers (1928-1966); Burial registers (1929-1963); Communion Rolls (1916-1977); and Minutes (1959-1968).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions on access to Baptism Marriage and Burial Registers may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level aids available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area