Title and statement of responsibility area
Teulon United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1896 - 2000 (Creation)
Physical description area
2m textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Teulon United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Teulon since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union congregation formed in 1912 by the Teulon Methodist Church and some local members of the Presbyterian Church who chose not to attend the Ukrainian Presbyterian Church in Teulon. The former Methodist Church continued to be used for worship. In 1925, Rev. J. Savage presided over a field that also included points at Dundas and Gunton. The original Methodist manse was sold in 1947. The church was moved in 1949 onto property owned by the McKennell family, where it was placed over a full basement. The McKinnell home then became the new manse. The charge included Gunton until it closed in 1987. At the time of description, Teulon United Church is part of the Teulon Pastoral Charge with Balmoral as part of Selkirk Presbytery.
The records of Teulon United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Teulon Pastoral Charge in 1978, 1985, and 1997.
Scope and content
The surviving records for Teulon United Church include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1896-1965), Marriages (1897-1913, 1921-1964, 1966, 1974, 1985), and Burials (1896-1913, 1921-1965); Communion Roll (1896-1928); records of the Official Board, Stewards, Congregational Meetings and Session (1911-1922, 1927-1957); records of the Congregation and Board of Stewards (1921-1935); records of the Official Board (1953-1970); records of the Annual Congregational meetings, Session and Board of Managers (1935-1963); records of the Session (1957-1976); records of the Joint Trustee Board (1921-1951); records of the Sunday School Superintendent (1941-1943); records of the Union of Auxiliaries (1927-1947); records of the W.M.S. (1937-1961); records from "The Circle", including the Treasurer's record book (1942-1961), minutes and roll (1947-1960), and history (1934-1946); records from the Mother's Club, including minutes and roll (1947-1956); records of the W.M.S./W.A., including programmes (1948-1960); records of the North District Women's Presbyterial W.M.S. (1955-1961); records of the Anna Goodwin Unit, including minutes and rolls (1958-1963); records of the U.C.W., including minutes and annual reports (1962-1966, 1979-1996), and a treasurer's book (1974-1976); Executive minutes (1966-1969), minutes and membership roll (1963-1978); records of the Youth Group, including minutes, cash book, and roll (1935-1939), minutes, roll and annual reports (1954-1957), and minutes/roll (1957-1959); records of the Young People's Group (1936-1939); records of the Mission Band (1952-1953); records of the Board of Stewards (1961-1975); records of the Ladies Aid, including a treasurer's book (1948-1949), records of the Board, including minutes (1976-1990), and an organ warranty (1985); records of the Congregational meetings, including annual meeting minutes (1969, 1972, 1974, 1997-2000), and Congregational minutes (1964-1996, 1998, 2001); records of the Local Board, including minutes (1996-1998), Historic Roll (1928-1958); records of the Pastoral Charge, including annual reports (1986-1994); Manse Committee Fund minutes (1960, 1962-1969, 1975-1995); Council minutes, (1996-1999); financial records (1980-1987), and newsletters (1992, 1995).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory available.
Related material: Baptisms dating from 1918-1924 can also be found in the Private Register of Rev. P. Senkiw.
Associated material: "100 Years of History: Rockwood Municipality." ( Rare Book Room, University of Winnipeg Library )
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description