Teulon United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Teulon United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Teulon United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Teulon since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union congregation formed in 1912 by the Teulon Methodist Church and some local members of the Presbyterian Church who chose not to attend the Ukrainian Presbyterian Church in Teulon. The former Methodist Church continued to be used for worship. In 1925, Rev. J. Savage presided over a field that also included points at Dundas and Gunton. The original Methodist manse was sold in 1947. The church was moved in 1949 onto property owned by the McKennell family, where it was placed over a full basement. The McKinnell home then became the new manse. The charge included Gunton until it closed in 1987. At the time of description, Teulon United Church is part of the Teulon Pastoral Charge with Balmoral as part of Selkirk Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places