Fonds Acc: 88 - 6 - Terence Memorial Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Terence Memorial Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 88 - 6

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1940 - 1957 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 volume textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Terence Memorial Church existed in the Manitoba community of Terence, located northwest of Souris, from 1925 to 1954. Its predecessor was the Terence Memorial Methodist Church built in 1919 as a memorial to soldiers killed in World War One. It was part of the Griswold Pastoral charge until it joined the Oak Lake Pastoral charge in 1953. By that time, however, the church was in need of repairs, and the building had to be demolished two years later because of the crumbling concrete. Services continued to be held at the Millan School until the congregation decided to disband and join another church. The stained glass from Terence Memorial Church was given to Jack Sager's museum on Highway 21, and the pews and small windows were given to the Apostolic Church in Souris.

Custodial history

The records of Terence Memorial Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Oak Lake Pastoral charge on January 29, 1988.

Scope and content

The records of Terence Memorial Church held at the conference archives include records of the Church Board and Stewards (1940 - 1957).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres