Fonds BA-510; Microfilm: R52 - Swalwell Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church, Swalwell, Alberta fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Swalwell Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church, Swalwell, Alberta fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA CMBS BA-510; Microfilm: R52

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1932-1948 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 cm of textual records
1 microfilm reel

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Mennonite immigrants from Russia settled in the Sunnyslope area in 1926. These families met in 1927 for prayer meetings and Bible studies and then for worship the following years in rented facilities until 1933. Then they purchased a building and moved it to a site near the Linden rail station in 1933, and organized a congregation and joined the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference in 1934 with 29 charter members and the name was changed to the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church of Linden. However, after the war, it became increasingly difficult to associate with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren because of distance and since the Namaka group had joined the Mennonite Brethren conference. So they also joined the Mennonite Brethren conference in 1946/1947. The leaders of the congregation were: Nicolai Rempel (1927-1944), S. Ratzlaff (1944-1948), Art Lutke (1946).

Custodial history

Records were transferred to the Centre for M.B. Studies archives in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Scope and content

This fonds consists of congregational meeting minutes (1946) and a list of visitors to the congregation (1944-1945).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Series description and a file list is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Language of material note

Much German.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres