Stony Mountain Presbyterian Church

Identity area

Type of entity


Authorized form of name

Stony Mountain Presbyterian Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


Rev. Dr. George Bryce dedicated the Stony Mountain Presbyterian Church in October of 1895. The congregation had been organized some years previously and services had been held in the school on the penitentiary reserve. The congregation included Baptists, Congregationalists, and Methodists as well as Presbyterians. Rev. J. Lawrence initially led the congregation. The first manse was purchased in 1906 and a new manse was built in 1914. The original circuit based in Stony Mountain included the preaching points of Rockwood and West Kildonan, later changing to Rockwood and Highfield (later known as Blackdale), and finally Lilyfield. In 1925, Stony Mountain Presbyterian Church joined The United Church of Canada.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places