Steinbach United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Steinbach United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Steinbach United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Steinbach since 1955. Rev. W.J. Hickerson was the first United minister to serve in Steinbach. Services were held in the Legion Hall until the congregation purchased the Chortitzer Mennonite Church and moved it from Hanover Street to Main Street in 1960. It was the second non- Mennonite denomination to arrive in Steinbach. A Christian Education Building was built in 1964, and an addition to the front of the church was built in 1980. It belonged in the Waldon Pastoral Charge with Niverville and Otterburne, which later became the Steinbach-Niverville Pastoral Charge after Otterburne closed.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC