Title and statement of responsibility area
Starbuck Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: EX-17; 85-58
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
5 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Starbuck Presbyterian Church existed in the Manitoba community of Starbuck, located approximately 25km west of Winnipeg in the Rural Municipality of Macdonald, from 1904 to 1925. Early church services began about 1885 in a log house in the Holyrood School District, 3 ½ miles southeast of Starbuck. Later the congregation used two other school buildings. In 1886, the field included preaching points at Osborne Station, Ashland and Blythefield. By March 1887 Rev. J. Douglas had agreed to reside at this station and the congregation set about to provide a manse, to be finished in July at a cost of approximately $700. Blythefield (Sanford) separated in 1904, and gave up any claim on church property in return for release from manse debt. In 1889 the congregation decided to build a church in the hamlet of Starbuck. By 1903 they had $1300 promised and on January 17, 1904 the new church opened. Starbuck Presbyterian Church officially joined The United Church of Canada in 1925 to become Starbuck United Church.
The records of Starbuck Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Rev. Jim Haverly on October 3, 1985.
Scope and content
The records of Starbuck Presbyterian Church held at the conference archives include: records of the congregation/Trustees (1886-1907); records of the Elders and Managers (1896-1923); and records of the Ladies Aid (1906-1917).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of the Meridian Pastoral charge and Starbuck United Church for other material pertaining to Starbuck Presbyterian Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description