Fonds Ex. 41; 82 - 14;84 - 21; 93 - 30; 2017-14 - Beausejour St. Paul's United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Beausejour St. Paul's United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Ex. 41; 82 - 14;84 - 21; 93 - 30; 2017-14

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1890 - 1990 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

35 cm of textual records and artifacts.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-present)

Administrative history

St. Paul’s United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Beausejour since 1925. Its predecessor was the Beausejour Presbyterian Church built in 1904. The Presbyterian Church continued to be used after Union. The two-point charge between Beausejour and Tyndall that began in 1915 also continued. Garson, was added to the charge in 1926. During the 1930s and 1940s services were conducted by students and supply serving the communities of Beausejour, Garson, and Tyndall as well as Hezelridge, Dugald, and Anola. In 1958 the Beausejour Charge was expanded to include Whitemouth and Seven Sisters and an ordained minister was called to serve this charge. It was then to be known as the Springfield Pastoral Charge to commemorate the mission of Springield United Church, which had closed in 1951. In 1953, the property on which the church stood was sold to the Royal bank. The Church gilding was moved and placed onto a basement at Third and Gertrude. The extension and renovations begun at that time were completed in 1956. In 1959 the church was officially renamed St. Paul’s United Church. In 1966 the Springfield Charge was once again reduced to the two points of Beausejour and Tyndall and again was known as Beausejour Charge. St. Mark’s, Tyndall appears to have closed after 1996. Beausejour and its associated preaching points were part of Winnipeg Presbytery until 1963 when Selkirk Presbytery was created. A new St. Paul’s United was dedicated on September 16, 1990.

Custodial history

The records of St. Paul's United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers from the Beausejour Pastoral Charge in 1982, 1984, and 1993.

Scope and content

The surviving records of St. Paul's United Church include: Sacramental Registers, pertaining to Baptisms (1906-1936, 1946-1951, 1958-1974, 1974-1983, 1983-2001), Marriages (1909-1932, 1935, 1936, 1958-1969, 1970-1983, 1983-2001), and Burials (1912-1936, 1946-1951, 1958-1973, 1973-1983, 1983-1998); records of membership, including a Communion Roll (1890-1940, 1958-1999) and minutes of session (1962-1990); records of the Board and Committees, including minutes of the Board of Managers (1908-1953, 1970-1980) and correspondence (1968-1969); records of the Annual Meetings of the Congregation including Annual Reports (1970-1989) and miscellaneous reports (1969-1974), and statistical reports (1939, 1957-1984); records of the Stewards and Church Property, includes minutes of the Committee of Stewards (1956-1967); records of Lay Associations, including minutes of the Ladies Aid (1935-1965); records and artifacts of the Explorer's (1964-1970) and C.G.I.T. (1956-1965); and records of Congregational Activities including histories (1960-1990) and photographs (1940-1982).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres