Title and statement of responsibility area
Winnipeg St. Paul's Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA 79-4; 79-17; 99-36
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
.5m textual material, photograph
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Paul's Presbyterian Church existed in Winnipeg from 1901 until 1925. The predecessors of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church were Beverley Street Mission (c. 1897) and Nena Street Mission (c. 1901). In 1901, the Beverley Street Mission moved from Beverley Street to Nena Street and subsequently changed its name. Later that year, Nena Street Mission became St. Paul's Presbyterian Church. Founded on November 11, 1901, the first communion service of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church was conducted by Rev. William Patrick. The communion roll of January 1902 reveals names from Beverly Street mission, Icelandic mission and Nena Street Mission. In 1902, Rev C. H. Stewart was called to St. Paul's Presbyterian Church. A site for a new church building was purchased in 1906 on the corner of Pearl and Notre Dame. The new St. Paul's Presbyterian Church building was completed and dedicated in December 1907. St. Paul's Presbyterian Church joined the United of Canada in 1925, becoming St. Paul's United Church.
The records of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of two transfers of records in 1979.
Scope and content
The surviving records of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church are arranged in the following series: Sacramental Registers, pertaining to Baptisms, 1912-1914, and Marriages, 1917-1921; Membership Rolls and records of the Session, including membership lists, Communion Roll and Register, and minutes, 1898-1923; records of the Board of Managers, including minutes, correspondence and reports, 1913-1918; and reference material, including newsletters ('St. Paul's Chimes'), a Ladies Aid Society Cookbook c.1918, and a photograph.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Finding aid and item level inventory available.
Related material: See records of St. Paul's United Church for records pertaining to St. Paul's Presbyterian Church dating from 1902.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Winnipeg Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description