Winnipeg St. Paul's Presbyterian Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Winnipeg St. Paul's Presbyterian Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1901-1925

History

St. Paul's Presbyterian Church existed in Winnipeg from 1901 until 1925. The predecessors of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church were Beverley Street Mission (c. 1897) and Nena Street Mission (c. 1901). In 1901, the Beverley Street Mission moved from Beverley Street to Nena Street and subsequently changed its name. Later that year, Nena Street Mission became St. Paul's Presbyterian Church. Founded on November 11, 1901, the first communion service of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church was conducted by Rev. William Patrick. The communion roll of January 1902 reveals names from Beverly Street mission, Icelandic mission and Nena Street Mission. In 1902, Rev C. H. Stewart was called to St. Paul's Presbyterian Church. A site for a new church building was purchased in 1906 on the corner of Pearl and Notre Dame. The new St. Paul's Presbyterian Church building was completed and dedicated in December 1907. St. Paul's Presbyterian Church joined the United of Canada in 1925, becoming St. Paul's United Church.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places