St. John's United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

St. John's United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

St. John's United Church existed in Winnipeg from 1925 until 1986. St. John's United Church resulted from the union of St. John's Methodist Church and a portion of the congregation of St. John's Presbyterian Church. The united congregation adopted the former St. John's Presbyterian Church structure on Cathedral Avenue as their place of worship and Methodist minister Rev. L.H. Fisher became the first official minister. The Methodist church structure was eventually sold. In 1986, St. John's United Church officially closed its doors. In 1989, a housing co-op was built on the former site of the church.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places