Title and statement of responsibility area
St. John Cantius Church (Winnipeg, Man.) fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA AWA 1.1.16 and 1.2.9
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
20.5 cm : textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. John Cantius was formed from part of Holy Ghost Polish Parish in 1917 for approximately 300 Polish-speaking families. Church construction began in 1918, and the church was blessed following its completion in 1925. In 1971, a new parish centre (including church, offices, and residence) was built. The old church became an education centre.
Scope and content
The fonds consists primarily of correspondence created or received by the Archdiocese of Winnipeg.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
General copyright, institutional, or legal restrictions may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
If permission is given for reproduction of material, the process is done by the archivist at an established cost per sheet.
None are available.
Through records management policy.
Language of material note
Some documents are in Polish.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description