Title and statement of responsibility area
St. James Methodist Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA 93-04
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
5 vol textual material
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. James Methodist Church existed in Winnipeg from 1916 to 1925. The predecessor of St. James United Church was the King Edward Street Methodist Church and the successors were Parkview United Church and St. James United Church. In 1906, the original St. James Methodist Church was opened under the guidance of Young Methodist Church. However, this church and area evolved to become the part of the community of Sturgeon Creek. The services that began in 1907 on King Edward Street formed the lasting foundation of the Methodist Church in St. James. In 1916, the name of the King Edward Street Methodist Church was changed to St. James Methodist Church. The church was destroyed by fire in 1919 and rebuilt in 1920. In 1925, St. James Methodist Church joined the United Church of Canada and changed its name to Parkview United Church.
The records of St. James Methodist Church came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records in 1993.
Scope and content
The surviving records of St. James Methodist Church are arranged in the following series: Membership Rolls and records of the Session, including a circuit register, 1909-1925; records of the Official Board, including minutes, 1908-1926; and records pertaining to the Board of Stewards and church property, including financial records, 1914-1921.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Finding aid and item level inventory available.
Related material: See records of Parkview United Church for records pertaining to the St. James Methodist Church dating from 1910.
No further accruals expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Winnipeg Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description