Fonds 2.4.13 - St. Hyacinth Church (Portage la Prairie, Man.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Hyacinth Church (Portage la Prairie, Man.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA AWA 2.4.13

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1913-1984 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

14.5 cm : textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

An undated document states that in 1907, the pastor of St. Cuthbert's Church in Portage la Prairie had requested that St. Boniface send a Polish priest to them once a month. In 1913, St. Cuthbert's burned down, and the 40 Polish families petitioned St. Boniface for a Polish Church. St. Hyacinth was blessed in December 1913, but it remained without a resident priest until 1924. The earliest acramental records are dated 1913. In 1952, the first Capuchin Father arrived as parish priest. The parish now integrated English and Polish, and a Polish priest only came three times per year. Capuchins served until 1978. In 1960, the boundaries between St. Hyacinth and St. John's parishes were changed with the Archbishop canonically erecting a new parish under the title of St. Hyacinth.

Custodial history

Textual records 1913-1915 were transferred from the Archdiocese of St. Boniface circa 1915.

Scope and content

The fonds consists primarily of correspondence created or received by the Archdiocese of Winnipeg.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

General copyright, institutional, or legal restrictions may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

If permission is given for reproduction of material, the process is done by the archivist at an established cost per sheet.

Finding aids

None available

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres