Title and statement of responsibility area
St. David's United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 88 - 6
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1888 -1977 (Creation)
Physical description area
8 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. David's United Church existed near the Manitoba community of Oak Lake, located southeast of Virden, from 1925 to 1994. Its predecessor was St. David's Presbyterian Church built in 1892 and named after its first minister, Rev. David Hodges. In 1925, St. David's United Church was part of the Oak Lake Pastoral charge with Oak Lake and Ryerson. Rev. J.S. Miller officiated. The church was moved 30 feet north onto a new foundation in 1979. The final regular service for St. David's United Church was held on December 18, 1994, but an annual service continued to be held every summer until 2001. The church was then moved to Oak Lake to be part of a local museum that officially opened on July 23, 2006.
The records of St. David's United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Oak Lake Pastoral charge on January 29, 1988.
Scope and content
The records of St. David's United Church held at the conference archives include: records of the Woman's Missionary Society (1929 - 1954); records of the Board of Management (1888 - 1936); records of the congregation (1935 - 1964); financial records (1956 - 1965); records of the Woman's Association (1931 - 1937); and records of the United Church Women (1961 - 1977).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Brandon Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description