Title and statement of responsibility area
Keewatin St. Andrew's United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 81-20; 84-21; 92-24; 2000-30; 02-39
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1.5 m textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Andrew's United Church has existed in the Ontario community of Keewatin since 1925. It was formerly known as Keewatin United Church and The United Church of Keewatin. The predecessor of St. Andrew's United Church was the Keewatin Union Church. The Keewatin Union Church was formed in 1918, upon local union of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church and Keewatin Methodist Church. The local congregation often referred to themselves as Keewatin United Church, despite the fact that they would not officially join the United Church of Canada until 1925. The United Congregation of Keewatin utilized the old St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, the Oddfellow's Hall, and the Memorial Building prior to the erection of a new church structure on Bay Street in 1924. In 1967, Keewatin United Church decided to formally change its name to St. Andrew's United Church.
The records of St. Andrew's United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records between 1981 and 2002.
Scope and content
The surviving records of St. Andrew's United Church are arranged in the following series: Sacramental registers, pertaining to Baptisms, 1892-1994, Marriages, 1902-1992, and Burials, 1949-1992; Membership Rolls and Records of the Session, including Communion Roll / Registers, minutes, historic roll, certificate booklets (stubs only), and roll book, 1897-2001; records of the Official Board / Board of Elders, including minutes, reports and correspondence, 1919-1998;records pertaining to Christian Education, including Cradle Roll/Birthday Book, 1924; records of Annual Congregational Meetings and Annual Reports 1924-2001; records pertaining to church property, including an appraisal, agreements, correspondence and financial records 1921-1959; records of the Joint Use Committee, 1994; reports pertaining to a Needs Assessment Survey, 1999;records of lay associations, including the Women's Missionary Society, Ladies Aid, W.V. Robertson Guild, Woman's Association and United Church Women, 1934-2000; and reference material, including calls to ministers, newsletters, orders of service, bulletins, and records pertaining to anniversary celebrations.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description