Title and statement of responsibility area
Hargrave St. Andrew's United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 1998-2
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
5 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Andrew's United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Hargrave, located in the Rural Municipality of Wallace, since 1925. The church was built in 1909 and is situated along the Trans-Canada Highway west of Virden. The first church service in the Hargrave district was held in June 1883, at the William McLelland home, three miles north of the present village, with Rev. Langrell of the Presbytery Board of Missions in charge. In 1885, Elkhorn, West Two Creeks, and Hargrave became a single mission field. In 1905, the Ladies Aid was organized to help with the building of the church. Church construction was completed in 1909 and the first service was held on November 25, 1909, and ministered by Rev. W.A. Alexander. The church building and stable cost $4,258. In 1945, electricity was installed by Mrs. Amos Odell in memory of her husband. In 1947, Hargrave became part of the Elkhorn Pastoral Charge.
The records of St. Andrew's United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records in 1998.
Scope and content
The records of St. Andrew's United Church held at the Conference Archives include: a Communion Register (1918-1927); Minutes of the Manse Committee (1981-1993); Minutes of the Pastoral Fund (1957-1972); Records of the Central Treasurer (1973-1982); and Financial Records (1980-1982).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description