Title and statement of responsibility area
Sioux Lookout St. Andrew's United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1919-1993, predominant 1919-1961 (Creation)
Physical description area
35cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Andrew's United Church has existed in the northwestern Ontario community of Sioux Lookout, located 365 km northwest of Thunder Bay, since 1925. Its predecessor was St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church built in 1914, which continued to be used as St. Andrew's United Church. A plan to build a new church building on the south half of lots 241 and 242 began in 1945, and was officially opened in 1953. At Union, it was a single point charge, and as of 2010, continues to be a single point charge.
The records of St. Andrew's United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from Rudy Plug in 1984 and from an unknown source in 1987.
Scope and content
The records of St. Andrew's United Church held at the conference archives include: records of membership (1954-1956); records of the congregation and Quarterly Official Board (1930-1941); records of the congregation (1927-1936, 1957-1961, 1993); records of the Official Board (1951-1960); records of the Board of Stewards (1933-1949); records of the Building Committee (1945-1949); records of the Sunday School/Board of Management/Committee of Stewards (1919-1933, 1957-1961); financial records (1951-1961); records of the St. Andrew's Ladies Club (1941-1959); and records of the AOTS Club (1953-1959).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Associated material: Sacramental Registers for St. Andrew's United Church remain in the church.
Further accruals are expected
Language of material note
The material is in English.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description