Title and statement of responsibility area
Millerway St. Andrew's United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 88-22; 1999-76
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
3 cm of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Andrew's United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Millerway, located south of Souris, from 1925 to 1953. Its predecessor was St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church built in 1898 that joined a Local Union in 1922 to become Millerway Union Church. The St. Andrew's Presbyterian Chruch building continued to be used as St. Andrew's United Church. In 1927, a basement foundation was added to the church, and a furnace was added one year later. The church closed in 1953. A year later Presbytery granted its pews to Regent United Church along with any salvageable materials from the church building and contents. April 1955 minutes record that the pews had been removed and a lot of material salvaged from roof and floor - the church live on in another form. Millerway's Women's Missionary Society, however, continued to exist through 1959.
The records of St. Andrew's United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Souris United Church in 1988 and from the Souris-Elgin Pastoral charge in 1999.
Scope and content
The records of St. Andrew's United Church held at the conference archives include: history (1947); records of the Woman's Missionary Society (1954-1959); and records of the Session (1924-1951).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the Elgin Pastoral charge fonds for other material pertaining to St. Andrew's United Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description