Title and statement of responsibility area
Pearce St. Andrew's United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 83-7; 88-27; 1996-12; 1998-4; 2006-20
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
18 cm of textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Andrew's United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Pearce from 1921 to 1990. It was originally known as St. Andrew's Community Church and later became Pearce United Church. The Church was located near Pearce's schoolhouse on land donated by the Eide sisters. The church building was originally erected in a nearby District in 1890 and pulled by a team of four horses and three engines to its location in Pearce. Rev. Ralston and Dr. Rumble, both from Morden, ministered the church from 1921 to 1925. The first United Church minister at Pearce was Rev. Palmer. St. Andrew's United Church celebrated its 50th Anniversary on June 20, 1971 with a special service of worship and thanksgiving. Also in 1971, it joined Darlingford and Morden congregations to become Pembina Parish. Sunday School services were held in the schoolhouse nearby. St. Andrew's United Church closed on June 30, 1990 with Rev. Freeman and Rev. Riddell presiding at the final service. A replica of the church, known as the Pearce Memorial Chapel, was built on the site in 1993.
The records of St. Andrew's United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of four transfers of records in 1983, 1996, 1998 and 2006.
Scope and content
The surviving records of St. Andrew's United Church held at the conference archives include a Sacramental Register pertaining to Communion (1917-1943); Sacramental Register pertaining to Baptism (1953-1990); Historic Roll (1945-1990); records of membership (1967-1968); records of annual meetings (1930-1965, 1966-1990); various meeting minutes (1920-1930); records of Congregational meetings (1990); records of the Board of Stewards (1968-1990, 1971, 1987); records of the Ladies Aid (1932-1941, 1941-1955, 1942-1951, 1938-1942); records of the congregation (1929-1963); church bulletins (1980-1990); church histories (1880-1990); records of Session (1959-1969); and an annual report (1939).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory available
Associated material: Additional records are held at Zion Calvin United Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description