Title and statement of responsibility area
Ninette St. Andrew's United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: Ex -9
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
[1920s] - 1954 (Creation)
Physical description area
20 cm of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Andrew's United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Ninette, located north of Killarney, since 1925. Its predecessor was a Presbyterian Church opened on November 17, 1908 that had developed an unofficial Local Union with the local Methodist congregation before 1925. It was not given the name of St. Andrew's United Church until 1931. At Union, the Ninette Pastoral Charge consisted of Ninette, Dunrea, and the Ninette Sanatorium. The charge remained unchanged until Dunrea left in 1958. The Sanatorium continued to be listed as a preaching point until Ninette formed a charge with Minto and Margaret in 1962. Since 1998, Ninette has been a single point charge.
The records of St. Andrew's United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from St. Andrew's United Church.
Scope and content
The records of St. Andrew's United Church held at the conference archives include: records of the Central Board (1931 - 1940); miscellaneous papers ([1920s] - 1930s); records of the Sunday School (1945 - 1954); records of the Woman's Association (1935 - 1945); records of the Ladies Aid (1945); records of the Mission Band (1934 - 1938); and records of the Boy Scouts (1930 - 1937).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level and series inventories are available.
Related material: See also the records of the Minto and Margaret Pastoral charge for other material pertaining to St. Andrew's United Church.
Associated material: Some records of St. Andrew's United Church are still housed at St. Andrew's United Church. A list is available.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description