Title and statement of responsibility area
Elm Creek St. Andrew's United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 94-01
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1905 - 1990 (Creation)
Physical description area
33 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Andrew’s United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Elm Creek since 1925. Its predecessor was a Local Union Church formed in 1918 from Elm Creek Methodist Church and St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. It appears that the Methodist Church continued to be used as the United Church. Since 1925, the Elm Creek Pastoral charge included Culross and Wingham. The church was sold during the construction of another church completed in 1965. The Elm Creek charge amalgamated with Oakville to become the Oakville – Elm Creek charge in 1967, and Culross and Wingham were dropped from the charge. In 1998, St. Andre’s United Church joined Carman to become the Crossroads Pastoral charge.
The records of St. Andrew's United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from Amaranth United Church in 1994.
Scope and content
The records of St. Andrew's United Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental Registers pertaining to Baptisms (1905-1952), Marriages (1904-1950), and Burials (1906-1953); records of the Official Board (1958-1970); records of the Stewards / Official Board (1958-1970); records of the congregation (1948-1968, 1989-1990); records of the Session (1962-1973); records of the Congregational/Official Board (1929-1956); records of the U.C.W. (1960-1976); records of the W.M.S. (1931-1956); records of the W.A. (1930-1953); records of the A.W.A. (1957-1960); records of the Ladies Aid (1924-1929); records of the Sunday School (1921-1947); and records of the Young People's Society (1920-1930).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also Oakville - Elm Creek, Eastland and Crossroads Pastoral charges for further material pertaining to St. Andrew's United Church.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Crossroads Pastoral charge (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description