Title and statement of responsibility area
Emerson St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 78 - 22; 88 -29; 2000- 30
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1876 - 1920 (Creation)
Physical description area
4 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church existed in the Manitoba community of Emerson, located 90 km south of the perimeter of Winnipeg int he Red River Valley, from 1878 to 1921. The first services were held in 1877 at the local Baptist Church. Rev. John Scott was the first minister. A frame church was built in 1878, and was sold in 1896 during the construction of another church built on property located on Lots 6 and 7, Block E, which was donated by Mr. A. Smith. The new church was officially opened on January 24, 1897. In 1921, a Local Union was formed with Emerson Methodist Church. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church continued to be used as the Union Church until it officially joined the United Church of Canada in 1925 and became St. Andrew's United Church.
The records of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Manitoba Archives in 2000; from St. Andrew's United Church in 1988 and from the Valley Pastoral charge in 1978.
Scope and content
The records of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church held at the conference archives include: Sacramental registers pertaining to Baptisms (1876-1908, 1880-1883), Marriages (1876, 1880 - 1911), and Burials (1880,1882, 1883, 1897); and records of the Board of Managers (1878-1897, 1913 - 1920); minutes of Session (1878-1920); and cash books (1879-1881, 1888-1893).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the records of St. Andrew's United Church for further material pertaining to St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church is also described as a fonds of the Valley Pastoral charge.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description