Title and statement of responsibility area
Shaughnessy United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA 82-20; 01-24; 05 - 19; 05 - 43; 2007 -12
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
.6m textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Shaughnessy United Church has existed in Winnipeg in 1948. Early meetings of the congregation began in the dressing room of the Shaughnessy Heights Community Club. In the summer of 1949, the Church Extension Council purchased land at the corner of Magnus and Railway and placed a temporary building on the site. The first services conducted in the building were led by Dean Fletcher Argue. The congregation was officially constituted in 1950 under the guidance of Robertson Memorial United Church. In 1963, Shaughnessy United Church became a self-supporting charge. A new church building was constructed and dedicated in 1964. Shaughnessy United Church was located at 1493 Magnus Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Shaughnessy United Church closed after a Service of De - Consecration on June 25, 2005.
The records of Shaughnessy United Church came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records in 1982;2001;2005 and 2007.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Shaughnessy United Church are arranged in the following series: Sacramental Registers, pertaining to Baptisms, 1950-2005, Marriages, 1951-2005, and Burials, 1965-2005; Membership Rolls and records of the Session, including a communion register, 1953-1958;Certificate of Membership Stubs 1987 - 2005; Historic Roll, 1952 - 2005; records of the Official Board/Church Council, including minutes, 1979-1999; records pertaining to Christian Education, including minutes, 1957-1992; Annual Reports, 1964, 1993; records pertaining to the Board of Stewards and church property, 1952-1972; records of the Church Choir, 1969; records of lay associations, including United Church Women, Hi-C, and AOTS, 1950-1989; and reference material, including church history and newsletter.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some restrictions may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Finding aid and item level inventory available.
Further accruals expected.
Language of material note
The material is in English.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Winnipeg Presbytery (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description