Title and statement of responsibility area
Selkirk United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA 2000 - 30; 2006 - 47
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1904 - 2001 (Creation)
Physical description area
1.6 m textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Selkirk United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Selkirk since 1925. Its predecessor was the Selkirk Wesley Methodist Church, which was built in 1896. At the time of Union in 1925, the church was raised and a basement was added. Also at this time, Selkirk was a single point pastoral charge, under the leadership of Rev. S.C. Wright. Since 1945, Cloverdale United Church has been consistently included in the Pastoral charge. The 1896 church was moved from Dufferin Avenue to McLean Avenue and became the Christian Education Building after a new church was built in 1958. At the time of description, Selkirk United Church is part of the Cloverdale-Selkirk Pastoral Charge in Selkirk Presbytery.
The records of Selkirk United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Cloverdale-Selkirk Pastoral charge in 2000 and 2006.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Selkirk United Church include: Sacramental registers pertaining to Baptisms (1922 - 1963, 1965 - 1983), Marriages (1927 - 1986), and Burials (1927 - 1987); Historic Rolls (1925 - 1979); Communion Roll (1936 - 1957); membership certificates (1891 - 1936, 1952 - 1957); records of the Official Board (1942 - 1977, 1987 - 1994); records of the Unified Board (1978 - 1992); records of the Council and its committees (1992 - 2001); Annual Reports (1941,, 1959, 1960, 1963, 1964, 1991, 1992); records of the Session (1935 - 1971); records of the Stewards (1946 - 1966); records of the Trustees (1955 - 1964, 1989 - 2001); newsletters (1991 - 2000); financial records (1925 - 1948); records of the Sunday School (1904 - 1928, 1947); records of the Christian Education Committee (1989 - 1994); records of the Mission Band (1932 - 1945); records of the Okobeena Club (1925 - 1943); records of the Ladies Aid Society (1921 - 1926, 1932 - 1939); records of the W.M.S. (1932 - 1935); records of the Women's Auxiliary (1932 - 1956); records of the Women's Federation (1956 - 1961); records of the Women's Groups ( 1922, 1923, 1935 - 1938, 1940 - 1947); records of the U.C.W. (1963 - 1990); records of the Explorers (1953 - 1977); and records of the congregation (1951 - 1993).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Some limits on access to Baptism, Marriage and Burial Registers apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the Still Images Collection for photographs related to this fonds.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description