Selkirk United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Selkirk United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Selkirk United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Selkirk since 1925. Its predecessor was the Selkirk Wesley Methodist Church, which was built in 1896. At the time of Union in 1925, the church was raised and a basement was added. Also at this time, Selkirk was a single point pastoral charge, under the leadership of Rev. S.C. Wright. Since 1945, Cloverdale United Church has been consistently included in the Pastoral charge. The 1896 church was moved from Dufferin Avenue to McLean Avenue and became the Christian Education Building after a new church was built in 1958. At the time of description, Selkirk United Church is part of the Cloverdale-Selkirk Pastoral Charge in Selkirk Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places