Schreiber St. Andrew's United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Schreiber St. Andrew's United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925-present

History

St. Andrew's United Church has exited in the Ontario community of Schreiber, on the northernmost point of Lake Superior, since 1921. The name of St. Andrew's United Church was used for the Local Union between Schreiber Methodist and St. Andrew's Presbyterian from 1921 to 1925, when it officially joined the United Church of Canada. The Presbyterian Church on Winnipeg Street, which was enlarged in 1925, continued to be used as the Union and United Churches. Brick veneer was put on the church in 1928. The minister at St. Andrew's also continued to serve the Rossport, Jack Fish, and Coldwell communities, with occasional services offered at Angler and Neyes. Rossport was listed as being part of the Pastoral Charge in 1936 and 1943 along with Jack Fish from 1942 to 1948, and Terrance Bay from 1947 to 1949. The church spire was repaired and then replaced with a square top in 1954. Since 1972, Schreiber has not had its own minister. One minister served both Terrance Bay and Schreiber congregations from 1976 to 2005.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places