Fonds Acc: 80 - 13 - Schreiber Baptist Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Schreiber Baptist Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 80 - 13

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1900 - 1939 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2 volumes textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Schreiber Baptist Church existed in the community of Schreiber, Ontario, on the northernmost point of Lake Superior, from 1900 to 1939. The congregation was formed in 1900 and used St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church for services. The congregation was almost exclusively served by summer student supply. A Mr. Evans, who was the principal of the local public school, also looked after the services for the Baptist congregation. Alex McGregor built a church in 1913. The church closed in 1939 and the furniture was given to the Baptist church in Dorian. Many members of Schreiber Baptist Church transferred their membership to St. Andrew's United Church.

Custodial history

The records of Schreiber Baptist Church came to the Archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from St. Andrew's United Church in 1980.

Scope and content

The records of Schreiber Baptist Church held at the conference archives include records of the congregation (1900, 1907, and 1930) and records of the Ladies Aid (1910 - 1939).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres