Salem St. Andrew's United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Salem St. Andrew's United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925-1967

History

St. Andrew's United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Salem from 1925 to 1967. Its predecessor was St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church built in 1904. Salem was connected with Ridge Road at Union in 1925. St. Andrew's United Church was served frequently by student ministers and had only summer services. The church was temporarily closed from 1935 to 1945, and was then reopened as a part of the Oakville charge. In the late 1940s, the St. Andrew's and Elm River congregations amalgamated. A Christian Education Annex was added onto the church in 1959. The St. Andrew's congregation was dissolved after their last service 18 June 1967, and the building was sold, torn down, and removed. Russel Case bought the land in 1973. The members of the congregation transferred their membership to the United Churches in Oakville or Portage la Prairie.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places