Rowland United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Rowland United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Rowland United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Rowland, located northwest of Killarney, from 1925 to 1972. Its predecessor was Rowland Methodist Church built in 1913, which continued to be used as the United Church. At the time of Union in 1925, Rowland was part of the Ninga Pastoral charge, that included points at Ninga and Lyonshall. Rev. C.E. Whiting initally presided over this field. Rowland joined the Killarney Pastoral charge in 1964. Rowland United Church closed in 1972, and is now owned by the Municipality. The building was repaired and is currently still used for occasional services and meetings as the Rowland Church Park.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC