Title and statement of responsibility area
Rounthwaite United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1920 - 1979 (Creation)
Physical description area
15 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Rounthwaite United Church existed in the Manitoba community of Rounthwaite, located southeast of Brandon in the Rural Municipality of Oakland, from 1925 to 1962. Its predecessor was Rounthwaite Presbyterian Church built in 1891. In 1925, the pastoral field included Rounthwaite, Brandon Hills and Blyth. Rev. John S. Lowe initially presided over this field. In the early 1950's Rounthwaite was a combined charge with Beresford. It joined the Wawanesa Pastoral charge with Brandon Hills, Treesbank and Wawanesa in 1956, the same year that talks began about disbanding the congregation. Services were discontinued after Christmas of 1956 but resumed again in Spring. In 1962, the manse was put up for sale, and Presbytery granted the congregation permission to sell the church as well. The church was eventually sold in 1964.
The records of Rounthwaite United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of several transfers of records from the Wawanesa - Brandon Hills Pastoral Charge in 1983; 1986; and 1999.
Scope and content
The surviving records of Rounthwaite United Church include: records of the congregation, including minutes, financial givings and history (1883-1887, 1891-1956), Annual Meeting minutes (1924-1962); records of the Mission Band, including minutes and attendance (1951-1962), financial records (1956-1967), and quarterly report books (1957-1967); records of the Explorers, including minutes and attendance (1962-1967); records of the Helping Hands, including minutes (1951-1962); records of the W.M.S., including Secretary's minutes and roll books (1920-1957), financial records (1948-1956), reports (1950-1960), history (1979), missionary correspondence and photographs (1956-1960), and speeches (1930-1940).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description