Fonds OW.082 - Rosser, Christ Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Rosser, Christ Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA DRL OW.082

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1902-1952 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

2.0 cm textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The earliest Anglican services in the Rosser district area were held in homes near Gross Isle beginning in 1890. The Rosser Mission was established in 1897, with points and East Rosser and Westfield schools. The two joined together in 1902 to build a church on land donated by HJ Beachell. The parish of Christ Church, Rosser was formed by The Right Rev Machray on 13 May 1902. Christ Church, Rosser was associated with St Michael, Grosse Isle (OW.034) until services stopped at Christ Church in 1927. For the next twenty years, the church was unused. In 1947 Christ Church was moved to Woodlands and rededicated as St George, after the Woodlands parish lost its church to a fire.

Custodial history

Parish to Diocesan Archives in 1984.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of one parish register (1903-1925) and a file folder containing canonical documents (1902) and solicitor's correspondence (1952).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

The Parish Register is held in the Upper Vault. All other files are stored in the Lower Vault.

Availability of other formats

Parish Registers available on microfilm.

Restrictions on access

Use of parish registers limited to Archives staff. No other restrictions

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Rural Parishes Finding Aid

Associated materials

Related material: See Woodlands, St George (OW.105)

Related materials

Accruals

None

Language of material note

English

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres