Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Winnipeg, St. John Cantius Church (Winnipeg, Man.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Winnipeg, St. John Cantius Church (Winnipeg, Man.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

St. John Cantius was formed from part of Holy Ghost Polish Parish in 1917 for approximately 300 Polish-speaking families. Church construction began in 1918, and the church was blessed following its completion in 1925. In 1971, a new parish centre (including church, offices, and residence) was built. The old church became an education centre.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC