Robertson Memorial United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Robertson Memorial United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Robertson Memorial United Church has existed in Winnipeg since 1925. The predecessors of Robertson Memorial United Church were Robertson Memorial Presbyterian Church (1911-1925), Alfred Avenue Mission (1907-1911), and Dufferin Avenue Presbyterian Church (1901-1911). The Robertson Memorial United congregation occupied the building erected by the Robertson Presbyterian congregation in 1911, on the corner of Burrows and McKenzie. In 1933, Robertson Memorial United Church began to share its space with the Ukrainian United congregation of Winnipeg, and continued to do so until the Ukrainian United congregation officially disbanded on October 31, 1961. Robertson Memorial United Church held its final service on June 22, 1997.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC