Title and statement of responsibility area
Pinewood United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UCA Acc: 1996 - 7
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1958 - 1966 (Creation)
Physical description area
13 cm textual material.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Pinewood United Church existed in the Ontario community of Pinewood, in the township of Dilke, from 1925 to 1968. The original church was sold in 1959 and replaced by a former school building that same year. At Union in 1925, Pinewood formed a part of the Sleeman charge with Nelles with Rev. C.S. Matchett presiding. It then became a part of the Stratton charge in 1932, which also included Patullo, Sleeman, Gameland and Stratton. Blue was added in 1935, but left with Gameland in 1938. Nelles joined the charge in 1935, and Patullo left in 1946. After the formation of Rainy River - Stratton charge in 1950, Pinewood became a separate charge with Nelles and Sleeman. This arrangement was shortlived, as Pinewood joined the Rainy River charge in 1954, where it remained until the church building was sold to Mr. Gerhard Krahn in Trust for the Rainy River Mennonite Church in 1968.
The records of the Pinewood United Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Rainy River - Stratton Pastoral charge in 1996.
Scope and content
The records of Pinewood United Church held at the conference archives include: records of the Board of Trustees (1958 - 1959); records of the Board of Stewards (1960 - 1966); financial records (1960 - 1963); records of the Women's Auxiliary (1958 -1963); and records of the United Church Women (1961 - 1966).
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Item level inventory is available.
Related material: See also the Rainy River-Stratton Pastoral charge for addtional material pertaining to Pinewood United Church.
No further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description