Pine River United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Pine River United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Pine River United Church has existed in Pine River, Manitoba, located forty-seven miles northwest of Winnipegosis, since 1925. The Presbyterian Church was active in the community some years earlier. Pine River first appears in the Presbyterian Yearbook in 1915 and is listed as a Ruthenian church in a pastoral charge with Ethelbert, Garland, Slater, Cowan and Ukrania with Reverend Gaherial Tymchuk officiating. The Women's Missionary Society also set up a dispensary in 1920 which operated until 1946. After National Union in 1925, Pine River United Church was in a four-point charge along with Ethelbert, Garland, and Sclater (alternately spelled as Slater) and served by Reverend Ephraim Perich. In 1972, Pine River amalgamated with the Ethelbert United Church and in 1982 split off on its own.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC