Pilot Mound United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Pilot Mound United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925-present

History

Pilot Mound United Church has existed in the Manitoba community of Pilot Mound since 1925. The predecessors of Pilot Mound United Church were Knox Presbyterian Church (1879-1925) and Pilot Mound Methodist Church (1886-1925). A union Sunday school was organized between the two congregations as early as 1918. Upon church union in 1925, the former Knox Presbyterian Church became home to the congregation of Pilot Mound United Church and the Methodist Church structure was sold to the local School Board. Pilot Mound United Church was originally part of the larger Pilot Mound Pastoral Charge, led by Rev. W. Reid, that encompassed Londesboro, Wood Bay, Floral and Marringhurst. These smaller churches eventually closed and most of the remaining members of the congregations joined Pilot Mound United Church. In 2010, Pilot Mound United Church was a stand-alone pastoral charge in Agassiz Presbytery. As of 2016, Pilot Mound, Crystal City, and Clearwater made up the three-point charge, Rock Lake Pastoral Charge.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC