Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité
Pilot Mound, St John fonds
Dénomination générale des documents
Compléments du titre
Mentions de responsabilité du titre
Notes du titre
Niveau de description
CA DRL OW.070
Zone de l'édition
Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition
Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents
Mention d'échelle (cartographique)
Mention de projection (cartographique)
Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)
Mention d'échelle (architecturale)
Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)
Zone des dates de production
Zone de description matérielle
37 cm textual material
6 still images
6 still images
Zone de la collection
Titre propre de la collection
Titres parallèles de la collection
Compléments du titre de la collection
Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection
Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection
Note sur la collection
Zone de la description archivistique
Nom du producteur
The parish of St John, Pilot Mound was formed on 22 January, 1889. Services were being held much earlier than that, however. The rector from Emerson had been conducting services in homes since 1882 until 1884. Once the parish was officially organized, services were taken by student ministers in charge of the Clearwater Mission. Robert Blackburn drew up plans for a church in early 1899. By the summer of that year, William Moffatt had completed construction. The first service was held 10 September 1899 and the church was consecrated 10 November of that year as well. Rev. T.H.J. Walton was the first resident minister in 1906. In 1924, St John, Pilot Mound was transferred to the Diocese of Brandon. A parish hall was built in 1927, which was also used as a theatre, sports complex, and in the 1950s, it was used as a high school classroom. In the fall of 1953, the parish hall and church were connected. A W.A. Memorial Plaque, made by Leo Mol, was placed in 1958. Following the retirement of its resident clergy in 1970, St John returned to the Diocese of Rupert`s Land temporarily and received service from Manitou (OW.051). The move became permanent in 1977 and Pilot Mound became one of the Pembina Hills Parishes, along with along with Altamont (OW.001), Clearwater (OW.016) Crystal City (OW.019), Kaleida (OW.043), Manitou (OW.051), New Haven (OW.064), and Pembina Crossing (OW.069). The Pembina Hills Parishes are currently engaging in Total Ministry, where Lay Readers are taking a greater role in leading worship service, administration and organization. On 23 February 1992, a special commissioning service was held at St John the Baptist, Manitou to commission lay readers. In Pilot Mound, Lay ministers now take morning prayer service and the Priest presides over Holy Communion services twice a month. St John, Pilot Mound also hosted the 102nd Synod in 1998. Pilot Mound is the first rural parish to host this event.
Historique de la conservation
Parish to Diocese in 2001.
Portée et contenu
The records of St John held at the Diocese include: Canonical Documents (1889); Titles (1895-2002); Sacramental Registers (1942-1991); Record of Service Books (1911-1967); Minutes of Vestry and Annual Meetings (1944-2004); Minutes of the A.C.W. (1967-2001); A.C.W. Annual Reports (1980-2000); Parish Council Minutes (1931-1988); Brotherhood of St Andrew Minutes (1907-1914); Woman's Auxiliary Minutes (1921-1963); W.A. Evening Branch Minutes (1937-1947); W.A. Roll Call (1944-1991); W.A. Receipt Books (1928-1969); Junior Auxiliary Minutes (1959-1968); Sunday School Pledges; Sunday School Attendance (1907-1971); Sunday School Receipts (1965-1972); Ledger (1941-1958); Still Images; Research file.
Zone des notes
État de conservation
Source immédiate d'acquisition
Langue des documents
Écriture des documents
Localisation des originaux
The Canonical Documents, Titles, and Research are located in the Upper Vault. All other files and bound volumes are held in the Lower Vault. Still Images are filed by title in the Still Images Collection.
Disponibilité d'autres formats
Use of Parish Registers is limited to Archive staff.
Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication
Instruments de recherche
Rural Parishes Finding Aid
Related material: See the Sacramental Registers of Clearwater (OW.016) for entries pertaining to Pilot Mound.
Associated material: See also the Diocese of Brandon See also the local history book: Prairie Pride Land: Looking Back, 1998.
Further accruals expected.
Language of material note
Zone du numéro normalisé
Mots-clés - Sujets
Mots-clés - Lieux
Mots-clés - Noms
- St Paul Parish, Clearwater (Sujet)
Mots-clés - Genre
Zone du contrôle
Identifiant de la description du document
Identifiant du service d'archives
Règles ou conventions
Niveau de détail
Dates de production, de révision et de suppression
Langue de la description