Fonds 93-04 - Parkview United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Parkview United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA 93-04

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1910-1929 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

4 vol, 2 folders textual material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Parkview United Church existed in Winnipeg from 1925 to 1929. The predecessors of Parkview United Church were the King Edward Methodist Church and the St. James Methodist Church. St. James Methodist Church changed its name to Parkview United Church upon joining the United Church of Canada in 1925. In 1929, Parkview United Church joined with Hampton United Church to become St. James United Church. The Parkview United Church structure became the home of the St. James United Church congregation.

Custodial history

The records of Parkview United Church came to the conference archives of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records in 1993.

Scope and content

The surviving records of Parkview United Church are arranged in the following series: Sacramental Registers, including Baptisms, 1914-1928, Marriages, 1910-1923, and Burials, 1920-1928; Membership Rolls and records of the Session, including a historic roll, 1927-1929; records of the Official Board, including minutes, 1926-1929; records pertaining to the Board of Stewards and church property, including minutes, 1926-1929; and reference material, including a church history.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some restrictions may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid and item level inventory available.

Associated materials

Related material: See records of St. James United Church for records pertaining to Parkview United Church and regarding the amalgamation of Parkview United Church and Hampton Street United Church.

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres