Fonds Acc: 78 - 13 - Parkdale Presbyterian Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Parkdale Presbyterian Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCA Acc: 78 - 13

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1890 - 1908 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 volume of textual material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Parkdale Presbyterian Church, also known as Schultz Memorial Presbyterian Church, existed in the Manitoba community of Parkdale, also known as Park's Creek, in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrew's, from 1877 to 1912. It was officially established with Little Britain and Selkirk as a Pastoral field on March 9, 1877. Services were held in the schoolhouse until Lady Schultz donated land for a church in memory of her husband, Sir John. The Parkdale Presbyterian Church opened in November of 1899. A motion in the Winnipeg Presbytery minutes of January 6, 1914 to sell the church because it had not been in use for two years was brought forward. It was decided that it might not be wise to sell the property at that time when the population in the area was growing. Rev. George Faryon tried to revive services there in 1916, but was not successful. The Sunday School continued until 1920. In 1924, Winnipeg Presbytery sold the building to the St. Andrew's School Board for $400. In 1967, the former Presbyterian church was sold to St. George's Anglican Church in Wakefield to be used as a Church Hall.

Custodial history

The records of the Parkdale Presbyterian Church came to The United Church of Canada Archives-Conference of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario as part of a transfer of records from the Little Britain Pastoral Charge in 1978.

Scope and content

The surviving records of the Parkdale Presbyterian Church include a Communion Roll dating from 1890 to 1908.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Item level inventory is available.

Associated materials

Associated material: "Beyond the Gates of Lower Fort Garry." (Rare Book Room, University of Winnipeg Library)

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres